Just like dataview, you can use multiple sources for your data :
- Current_folder: this will match all files within the selected folder when creating the database. If you want to change the folder, just move the database to another folder ;
- Current folder without subfolders: Just like the previous source, but doesn't recognize notes under subfolders ;
- Tag(s): this will match all files with the given tag(s) ;
- Incoming_link: this will match all files that have links to the select file ;
- Outgoing_link: this will match all files that have links from the select file ;
- Dataview: you can put your dataview query (DQL) without the first line
TABLE columnsas the plugin will autocomplete this part. For example :
FROM "folder" WHERE column = "something" SORT column ASC. Use this source if you want to combine multiple tags, links, or folders.
There are two types of destinations :
- Where you will store the database file ;
- Where you will store the notes of the database.
If the source is
tag/incoming_link/outgoing_link/dataview, you have to choose both types of destinations. But if you right-clicked a folder or the source is
current_folder with or without subfolders, everything is stored under one folder, so you'll only choose once.